Blog Post #5

  I have been interacting with different education accounts, they post updates going on with education. For example, one of the accounts that I follow posted the top 40 universities and that was interesting for me to interact with. I have found it beneficial for me because it keeps me updated on things going on and sends me notifications when someone tweets that I follow. Twitter will be beneficial for me in my career because it keeps me up to date with things happening within my work field. It also shows me articles that people tweeted and I read those if they are in my work field. 

    The digital divide affects students’ success in school because they aren’t being taught new technology because teachers don’t feel comfortable teaching them something that is new and they don’t fully understand themselves. The digital divide has been caused by the income that schools have, the lack of motivation by teachers, and having the access to technology. I might experience students knowing more about technology than me but I can let them teach me rather than it hurting the whole class. If I work in a low-income school then I might have to find ways to share technology without it being physically in kids’ hands. I think this might affect my teacher strategies because when new technology comes out I will have to teach how to use it and then be able to teach my students rather than teaching them what is in the lesson plan and with only those resources. 

    Two academic software for students that I would like to implement in my classroom is Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. Microsoft PowerPoint is let you create presentations that you can present and use to teach your students. Microsoft Word is a software that can be used to type different information up. I would use PowerPoint to teach my student all together and give them something to look at while I am teaching them. I would use Word to give them things to take home to look back at. Using these softwares would help me teach my student new things while giving them something to refer to. 

Comments