Blog Journal #2

    I used and still use a lot of Microsoft Word, and for the most part, it has been great. I prefer word over all other word processing software because it has been really easy to use. Recently,  I used Google Docs because I can log in on both my computer and iPad and work on the same assignment. I would still prefer to work on Word because it was taught to me when I was younger and I am most comfortable with it. Overall, I have had a good experience with MS Word because of all the add-ons it offers and it is very easy to use.         

Personally, I think the collaborator is the most meaningful standard to me. The collaborator standard talks about having time dedicated to working with students and teachers. While working with both of them they are working on improving and discovering new ideas and resources. I think this is important to k-12 educators because it allows both teachers and students to work together to improve learning. It shares some problems the students have that teachers might not have known before. I think having both sides work together helps students and teachers reach the common goal of learning or teaching.

    I think just because someone is part of today’s youth, doesn’t label them as a digital native, it still depends on how they grow up and the resources that they have while growing up. Being a digital native is completely comfortable with all technology and can be affected by several reasons. I have seen a difference between digital natives and digital immigrants but not because digital immigrants dint know what they are doing. Mainly, is the fact that you can tell when someone is still learning technology and how comfortable they are and that is where most differ. I think technology s going to keep growing and become different from what I know today, I think my students will be more advanced with technology and I will be teaching them old-school technology. 

Comments

  1. Hello! I love the photos included in your blog however I do believe you can spice up your posts a bit. You can do this by explaining more about the topic. You are not limited to 4 sentences, you can keep going. really dig deep and express yourself. However, I love reading about your experience with Microsoft word and your past experience with Google Docs. I personally have always preferred Google Docs since I grew up with it. I also agree with you that collaborator is one of the most meaningful things! Great job overall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment